KIWI- the delicious fruit that packs in a healthy goodness while appeasing your taste buds. It comes in two variants: The regular green coloured wth a tangy taste and the golden kiwi with a sweeter taste.
The innumerable benefits of eating Kiwi fruit are:
- IMPROVED DIGESTION: With only 42 calories per piece, they offer a commendable 2.1. gm of fibre. It improves your intestinal function and relieves constipation as it has a mild laxative effect.
- ZING OF VITAMIN C: A medium sized kiwi has more vitamin C than orange and a golden kiwi has 3 times more vitamin C than a lemon. One serving of kiwi gives 230 % of the RDA of vitamin C.
- SAFE FOR DIABETES AND DIETERS: Kiwi’s low glycemic index restricts the rise in blood glucose making it a preferred fruit for diabetics. It even benefits weight watchers due to its low calorie high nutrition content.
- THE GOODNESS OF MINERALS: Kiwi is a rich source of folate and potassium. Folate is responsible for making DNA and red blood cells. Potassium helps people with high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- ANTIOXIDANT VALUE: Kiwis are rich in antioxidants like vitamin C,E and polyphenols. Antioxidant rich foods help create collagen which prevents damage caused by the sun and improves skin texture.
So grab a kiwi and stay healthy 🙂